[ecrea] Call for papers: Public Relations Inquiry

Fri Apr 22 12:52:21 GMT 2016

/Public Relations Inquiry /is an international, peer-reviewed forum for conceptual, reflexive and critical discussion on public relations. The journal aims to stimulate new research agendas in the field of public relations through interdisciplinary engagement and by encompassing a broad range of theoretical, empirical and methodological issues relating to public and organizational communication in diverse cultural contexts.

Public Relations Inquiry aims to support debates on new ways of thinking about public relations in social, cultural and political contexts, in order to improve understanding of its work and effects beyond the purely organisational realm. Our aim is to mobilize research that speaks to a range of scholars in diverse fields and we welcome submissions from public relations, media, communications and cultural studies, anthropology, political communication, sociology, political science, strategic studies, law, organizational studies, management and marketing. We also aim to expand the terrain for public relations scholarship to incorporate critical and reflexive analyses of the complex and variable practice and scholarship from the Global South and East.

In line with these aims, we encourage scholars from both within and outwith the scholarly field of public relations research to submit their work to the journal for consideration. We actively seek contributions that can extend the range of perspectives used to understand public relations, its role in societal change and continuity, and its impact on cultural and political life. Given that public relations is often practiced at moments of societal and organisational change and transformation, we also welcome papers that address public relations and public communication through foci on major human concerns such as migration, diversity, poverty and environmental issues.

Submissions should be conceptually innovative and theoretically robust. They must be rigorous in their approach, detailed and precise in their argument. Theoretical and empirical papers are equally welcome. Interdisciplinary work is especially important to the journal, particularly if it extends the relevance of public relations theory and practice to new contexts and academic fields. Theoretical approaches that are less well-known in the field are also welcome.

In line with our desire to encourage innovative and creative research in the field, a wide range of methodologies are acceptable to /Public Relations Inquiry. /Traditional qualitative methods are well-established in the journal and continue to be welcome, but we also invite papers that use more marginalised empirical and analytical approaches. Quantitative methods are acceptable if they serve a clear critical purpose in line with the journal’s aims – for example, as a means of challenging and questioning existing theories and conceptual frameworks.

The editors are also happy to consider proposals for special issues that align with the focus of the journal. For inquiries about submissions or special issues, scholars are invited to review the journal homepage <https://uk.sagepub.com/en-gb/eur/journal/public-relations-inquiry>, or email Dr Lee Edwards, Co-Editor of the journal, at (l.m.s.edwards /at/ leeds.ac.uk).

Best regards,

Lee

Dr Lee Edwards

Associate Professor, Communication Studies and PR

School of Media and Communication

Clothworkers’ Building North

University of Leeds

Leeds LS2 9JT