[ecrea] CFP- The Supernatural in History, Society, and Culture

Sun Mar 13 20:05:32 GMT 2016

Dennis Waskul and Marc Eaton are assembling a multidisciplinary volume
titled /The Supernatural in History, Society, and Culture/.  At this
time we are accepting chapter proposals.  Our text focuses on
supernatural phenomena that are outside of and not conventionalized by
religion. We are interested in contributions that focus on supernatural
phenomena, beliefs, and practices—not media representations.  Our
current contributing authors are writing chapters on ghosts, hauntings,
paranormal investigations, mediums, Ouija boards, witchcraft, vampirism,
zombies, and similar supernatural phenomena.  We welcome a wide range of
potential contributions, and are especially interested in authors who
can write engaging chapters on UFOs, aliens, cryptozoology, fortune
telling, and other similar topics.  The text is multidisciplinary, but
broadly emphasizes supernatural phenomenon within the context of
history, society, and culture. While the length of each chapter will
depend somewhat on the topic, we are generally looking for 5,000 word
contributions. Presently, we are only asking for a title, abstract, and
brief bio.  We anticipate final drafts will be due by December 2016.
Please send inquiries to Dennis Waskul ((dennis.waskul /at/ mnsu.edu)
<mailto:(dennis.waskul /at/ mnsu.edu)>) and Marc Eaton ((eatonm /at/ ripon.edu)
<mailto:(eatonm /at/ ripon.edu)>) by April 1, 2016.