[ecrea] Call for Paper for i-COME'16" An ICA Regional Conference

Fri Feb 26 22:51:28 GMT 2016

We proudly invite you to the *International Conference on Communication
and Media (i-COME'16): An International Communication Association
Regional Conference*organized by Communication Department, School of
Multimedia Technology and Communication, UUM and International
Communication Association (ICA). This conference is scheduled to take
place from 18 - 20 September, 2016 at the Istana Hotel, Kuala Lumpur,
Malaysia.

i-COME'16: An ICA Regional Conference aims to provide a multinational
platform where the latest issues in communication and media can be
presented and discussed in a friendly environment with the aim to learn
from each other. The theme of the conference is *Exploring
Communication: Beyond National Cultural Adaption, Images and Identity.*

*PUBLICATION AND INDEXING*

This conference is featured by blind review of papers. Full papers will
be submitted to the Scientific Committee for their approval and once
accepted they will be published in SHS Web of Conferences
<http://www.shs-conferences.org/>which is indexed by Thomson Reuters
(Web of Science).

*TOPIC OF INTEREST*

The key communication and media issues to be addressed by the conference
are in relation (but not limited) to:

 1. Organizational Communication: Corporate communication, Power and
    politics in organizations, Communication for organizational change,
    Communication management, Public relations;
 2. Communication for Social Change: Health communication, Communication
    and media, Gender and communication, Governance and empowerment of
    women, Campaign;
 3. Intercultural Communication: Issues in international and
    intercultural communication, Barriers in intercultural
    communication, Negotiating across cultures, Empowerment and
    governance across cultures;
 4. Political Communication: Communication policies and regulations,
    Communication law, Empowerment and governance in the information
    society, Leadership, Ethics in campaign, Ethics in speech;
 5. New Media: New media and culture, Media industry trends and
    dynamics, Ethics and cyber society, Media challenges and
    opportunities, Creativity, innovation and users, Government,
    regulations and new media;
 6. Language and Communication: Media and Language, Role of language,
    Visual and Linguistics, Critical literacy, Language and advertising,
    Language and rhetoric, Language and social interaction.

(For full list of issues, please visit our website
http://www.i-comeuum.com <http://www.i-comeuum.com/>)

*SUBMISSION*

Authors are invited to submit papers for the conference through the
i-COME'16: An ICA Regional Conference online management system
(http://www.i-comeuum.com/openconf/openconf.php). Submissions must be
original and should not have been published previously or be under
consideration for publication while being evaluated for this conference.
Any questions can, be forwarded to the secretariat via (icome /at/ uum.edu.my)
<mailto:(icome /at/ uum.edu.my)>

*IMPORTANT DATES*

Paper Submission Deadline
Acceptance Notification to Authors
Deadline for Revised/Final Version
Early Bird Registration Deadline
Registration Deadline*

*for their papers to be included in the proceeding

Registration is now open via our website: http://www.i-comeuum.com
<http://www.i-comeuum.com/>. Please forward all inquiries to:
(icome /at/ uum.edu.my) <mailto:(icome /at/ uum.edu.my)>

Kind regards,
i-COME'16: An ICA Regional Conference Secretariat
School of Multimedia Technology and Communication
Universiti Utara Malaysia
06010 Sintok, Kedah, MALAYSIA
Tel: +604 9285859 / 5818 Fax: +604 9285804
Email: (icome /at/ uum.edu.my) <mailto:(icome /at/ uum.edu.my)>Website:
http://www.i-comeuum.com <http://www.i-comeuum.com/>