[ecrea] Call for Papers - 'Theorising the Popular' conference

Thu Feb 11 22:14:44 GMT 2016

*Theorising the Popular*

Liverpool Hope University
*June 28th-29th 2016
*
The Popular Culture research group at Liverpool Hope University welcome
papers from academics and graduate students for its sixth annual
international conference, 'Theorising the Popular'. Its aim is to
demonstrate the intellectual originality, depth and breadth of ‘popular’
disciplines, as well as their academic relationship with and within
‘traditional’ subjects. The group breaks down disciplinary barriers and
challenges academic hierarchies.

  We would especially welcome papers in the following areas, although we
invite proposals from all disciplines. As well as papers from
established and early career academics, we encourage proposals from
graduate students:
•       Film
•       TV
•       Music
•       Drama & Participation

Gender:Feminism/Femininities/Masculinities/Queering/Sexualities/Representations of the Body
•       Literature/Fiction
•       Language/Linguistics
•       Fan Cultures
•       Comedy
•       Politics
•       Sport
•       Media/Communications
•       Business Studies

Papers should be 20 minutes in length. Please send abstracts of 300
words to Dr Jacqui Miller (millerj /at/ hope.ac.uk)
<mailto:(millerj /at/ hope.ac.uk)> by *Thursday 31st March, 2016*.

Connect with us on social media:
Facebook:Theorising the Popular Conference
Twitter:@TheorisePopular

'Theorising the Popular
<http://www.hope.ac.uk/news/conferences/theorising/>'

Liverpool Hope University