[ecrea] 2nd Conference of the ECREA Journalism & Communication Education TWG - higher communication education

Mon Feb 01 18:10:55 GMT 2016

2nd Conference of the ECREA Journalism & Communication Education TWG
HIGHER COMMUNICATION EDUCATION - SERVING OR INNOVATING THE PROFESSION
Pamplona, May 19./20. 2016

REMINDER: The deadline for abstract submission approaches. Abstracts (500 words) for workshops, panels, or traditional paper presentations are due Monday, Feb. 21. 2016!

Today, the change in the professional media markets has led to many challenges for higher education programs: How can we educate students for a market that may not require the skills we are practically teaching them today? How can we know what to teach them? Can we provide answers through research? Could we even be a spearhead of innovation for a media industry that is increasingly desperate for new and creative approaches? It comes down to a question of identity: Do we see ourselves as serving the profession, or the means to create change through research and innovation?

We are happy to invite you to send in abstracts for our 2nd TWG conference, this time taking place May 19 and 20 at the University of Navarra in Pamplona, Spain.

Download the full CfP here: https://ecreaeducation.wordpress.com/