[ecrea] Call for Proposals for MeCCSA Practice events

Tue Jan 26 00:20:52 GMT 2016

Call for proposals to host events in 2016

The MeCCSA Practice Network champions practice within the Media Communications and Cultural Studies Association, ensuring that those that teach and research practice have a strong voice within the subject association and beyond. We are dedicated to maintaining and developing links with the creative industries and relevant national and international networks and associations.

The Practice Network supports and publicises events at which media practice is presented, particularly those in which the contexts of practice research, practice pedagogy and professional practice are foregrounded.

Recent events that we have supported include:

Language/Voice - The Journal of Media Practice and MeCCSA Practice network annual symposium
University of Aberystwyth
https://languagevoice.wordpress.com

Mind the Gap! A national workshop on practice based PhD research in the creative, media and visual arts, National College of Art and Design, Dublin, 17th April 2015
http://www.ncad.ie/news/view/mind-the-gap-a-national-workshop-on-practice-based-phd-research-in-creative

We invite proposals to host events for the coming year. Please send an initial email to discuss your event. Please join us on Facebook to stay up to date with our activities.

========

Joanna Callaghan
Chair Practice Network
MeCCSA