Archive for calls, September 2016

[ecrea] CFP All about Cinderella: Retellings in the Cultural Imagination

Thu Sep 22 18:18:23 GMT 2016

Please see our CFP for our Cinderella conference which focuses on the
role of performance and storytelling as a way to analyse moments of
significant artistic, cultural and social change.

The interdisciplinary event will provide an open debate about this
ever-present story from different cultural perspectives across the world.

  Possible themes include:
Cinderella narratives and metaphors
Cinderella on screen and stage
Transnational Cinderella
The publishing of Cinderella
Victorian Cinderella
Cinderella and design
Adaptations of the Cinderella story
The psychology of Cinderella

  Non-traditional proposals featuring collaborative papers, practice-led
research, video-essays, elements of performance etc. where they increase
our knowledge of the role of re-narration of fairy tales in artistic,
cultural and social change are actively encouraged.

We invite abstracts of 300 words for 20 minute papers.

------
Professor Alexis Weedon
UNESCO chair in New Media Forms of the Book
Head of School of Culture and Communications
(Alexis.Weedon /at/ BEDS.AC.UK)