[ecrea] Baltic Screen Media Review - Call For Papers

Mon Nov 04 08:20:24 GMT 2013

The inaugural issue of the Baltic Screen Media Review is now out: http://publications.tlu.ee/index.php/bsmr/issue/current

Call for papers - 2014

For the 2014 edition we invite manuscripts that engage critically with specific screen media phenomena emerging from the Baltic Sea region. The articles could focus on specific media texts (films, video games etc.) in terms of their poetics or representations, but we also welcome critical inquiries into the operations of regional audiovisual industries, into relevant policies as well as into aspects of reception and audience behavior. We are especially interested in articles on the connections between various countries and cultures of the region, as well as between various screen media forms. To be considered for inclusion in 2014 issue the manuscripts of full articles (4000-8000 words) need to be submitted by March 31st 2014. The same applies for book reviews (that discuss publications on topics that are close to the theme of the journal). Manuscripts submitted later will be considered for publication in 2015.
Scope

Baltic Screen Media Review is a new peer-reviewed journal that was launched by Tallinn University Baltic Film and Media School in 2013. Its core mission is to publish original and critical research articles on a variety of screen media forms and phenomena that are either produced in or represent the cultures and realities of the Baltic region. Therein we define the Baltic region flexibly – it may not only refer to the three Baltic countries (Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania), but include all the countries and cultures around the Baltic Sea. Our specific interest is to discuss and critically analyze the interconnections and exchanges between the countries of the region and their audiovisual cultures. The term ‘screen media’ indicates that the journal’s focus is ‘convergent’ – we aim to publish articles on film, television, interactive media, video art, video games, mobile augmented reality, etc. Manuscripts scrutinizing the co-evolution of these various screen media forms will be given a priority.

The journal is published once a year - both in print and online (turns open access six months after publication). It is edited by Dr. Indrek Ibrus (Tallinn University) and Dr. Eva Näripea (Estonian Academy of Arts/Estonian Literary Museum).

Dr. Indrek Ibrus
Research Fellow // Advisor of audiovisual arts and media
Tallinn University, Estonian Institute of Humanities // Estonian Ministry of Culture
Email: (indrek.ibrus /at/ gmail.com)
Phone: +372 56978885

NEW JOURNAL: Baltic Screen Media Review - http://www.tlu.ee/bsmr