[ecrea] CALL FOR PAPERS - art, design and manipulation symposium - Sakarya University

Tue Mar 19 08:24:36 GMT 2013

Symposium website: http://www.ustm.sakarya.edu.tr/eng.html

(Titles and abstracts must be submitted to (ustmsemp /at/ gmail.com) mail address no later than March 29th, 2013.)

International Art, Design and Manipulation Symposium

Aim of the Symposium: In "Art, Design and Manipulation" symposium we want to discuss on the problematics of contemporary art and design as a global instrument; within the problematic issue of manipulation, through the concepts such as culture industry, knowledge / power, knowledge / information, real / reality, fiction / re-editing, etc ....

On the ground , where the importance of concepts such as globalization, digitalization, multiculturalism, extremity of diciplinarity are prominent, we are looking forward to talk the possibilities of art and criticism. The changing forms of art and society relationship , the functionalization of this relationship, the growing relevance of art with the areas of design, communication and media, and the opportunities provided by this relationship and the problems precipitated by this relationship. Also, we are particularly intending to problematize to what extent art and design is the determining factor of the cultural transformation of the social area.

In this context, we are aiming at discussing besides the functional usage of art, the possibilities of autonomous art production.

Prof. Nilgün BILGE
Dean of Faculty of Fine Arts

Symposium sub-topics:

Art and Design
CultureI Industry and Media
Reality and Information
Metaphor and Manipulation
Text- Image Relations
Perception - Image Relationship
Art and Utopia
Art and Politics
Art Market (Auctions, Art Fairs ...)
Arts Management (Curatorial system, biennials ...)
Philosophy of Art,
Theories of Art,
History of Art,
Sociology of Art,
Painting,
Sculpture,
Ceramics and Glass,
Textile and Fashion Design,
Interior Design,
Industrial Product Design,
Traditional Turkish Arts,
Cinema and Television,
Photography,
Visual Communication and Design,
Graphic Arts,
Graphic Design,
Animation,
New Media

Deadline for applications: March 29 th, 2013
Declaration of Acceptance: April 22nd, 2013
Deadline for submission of full papers: August 05th, 2013
Deadline of Participation Fee: August 26th, 2013
Symposium Dates: November 14th – 16th, 2013