Archive for calls, October 2013

[ecrea] EduWiki conference

Mon Oct 07 18:43:57 GMT 2013

We all use Wikipedia when we learn. The relationship between the world's largest encyclopaedia and education runs much deeper than this. Wikimedia UK, a charity supporting Wikipedia and its sister projects, invites you to its second annual EduWiki Conference being held on 1st-2nd November 2013 in Cardiff Bay, UK. This two-day event will be looking at Wikipedia and related projects in terms of educational practice including open content and global participation. It's a chance to find out more about this, talk about innovative work in your institution or online community, and shape the future of Wikimedia UK's exciting work in this area!

The conference will be of interest to students, teachers, educators, scholarly society members, contributors to Wikipedia and other open education projects.

We will explore the ways in which these projects can support innovative education, and discuss the Wikipedia Education Program (in which university students improve Wikipedia articles for course credit). We will learn from universities around the UK where aspects of the programme are already embedded, exploring the educational opportunities and drawing lessons from the experience so far.

For further details please visit http://bit.ly/eduwiki2013 or register now at http://eduwiki13.eventbrite.co.uk

We are able to offer a reduced conference fee of £30 to staff at educational institutions, as well as active Wikimedians. A day rate of £20 is also available. This fee covers lunch and daytime refreshments.

We hope you can join us in our efforts to continue building promising partnerships between Wikimedia and the Education sector.

Many thanks,

Dr Toni Sant
Education Organiser
Wikimedia UK