Archive for calls, June 2013

[ecrea] Ethics of Surveillance Conference

Tue Jun 11 12:31:07 GMT 2013

*The 2^nd Ethics of Surveillance Conference: Moving towards Ubiquitous Surveillance?*

Dear colleagues,

we're sure you all agree that the most recent developments in the US have confirmed again the importance of continuing critical scholarly debate on the scope and implications of current surveillance practices.

The Leeds Humanities Research Institute is jointly with the Centre for Interdisciplinary Ethics Applied and the Institute of Communications Studies holding the 2^nd Ethics of Surveillance Conference at the University of Leeds on the 24^th and 25^th of June:

*Confirmed keynote speakers: *

*Prof. Gary Marx*

Professor Emeritus of Sociology, M.I.T., United States

*Prof. Christian Fuchs *
Professor of Social Media at the University of Westminster's Communication and Media Research Institute and the Centre for Social Media Research

*Dr. Kirstie Ball *
Reader in Surveillance and Organisation at the Open University Business School, Milton Keynes

*Dr. Mark Andrejevic *
Deputy Director of the Centre for Critical and Cultural Studies at the University of Queensland, Australia

*Prof. Charles Raab *
Professor of Government at the University of Edinburgh School of Social and Political Science

A detailed programme is available at http://bit.ly/12eZLEA

*The deadline for registration is June the 14th. *

Registration is available at http://tinyurl.com/surveillanceethics

The registration fee for both days is £50.00, for one day £30.00 and includes lunches and refreshments.

We anticipate a very lively discussion and hope to welcome as many of you as possible.

The conference organizers

--
Heidi Herzogenrath-Amelung,
PhD Researcher at the University of Leeds' Institute of Communications

Kevin Macnish
PhD Researcher and Teaching Fellow at the University of Leeds' Centre for
Interdisciplinary Applied Ethics

Pinelopi Troullinou
PhD Researcher at the Open University Business School

Conference coordinators
Founders of the research group IC ICTs: Research Group on ICTs, Surveillance
& Society
http://icicts.wordpress.com/ <https://outlook.leeds.ac.uk/owa/redir.aspx?C=d1e86ff2166c445baf54508fb08fc667&URL=http%3a%2f%2ficicts.wordpress.com%2f>