[ecrea] Call for Papers - II AIM Annual Meeting

Thu Dec 15 19:27:17 GMT 2011

*II AIM Annual Meeting CFP*

AIM - Portuguese Association of Researchers of the Moving Image

May 10, 11 and 12, 2012

Catholic University of Portugal, Lisbon

Faculty of Human Sciences

Founded in January 2010, AIM – the Portuguese Association of Researchers of the Moving Image aims at connecting those scholars and researchers whose common subjects and research themes are related to the moving image; among its goals are the promotion and the discussion of this research in fields such as film archaeology, film, television, video, Internet, new digital media, media literacy, among others. With this in mind, the I AIM Annual Meeting was hosted by the Algarve University in May 2011, and it included the presentation of more than 80 papers, a workshop and a round-table, and the participation of about 100 scholars.

The *Catholic University of Portugal will host the II AIM Annual Meeting in Lisbon, on May 10th, 11th and 12th*, in a joint organization of AIM and CECC – the Research Center for Communication and Culture, line of investigation Media, Technology, Contexts (Faculty of Human Sciences, Catholic University of Portugal.

Among the guest speakers who have already confirmed their participation are *Henry Jenkins*, from the University of Southern California (Annenberg School for Communication & Journalism), the author of “Convergence Culture: Where Old and New Media Collide” (2006) and “Fans, Bloggers and Gamers: Exploring Participatory Culture” (2006), and *András Bálint Kovács*, from the Eötvös Loránd University/ELTE (Budapest), author of “Screening Modernism: European Art Cinema, 1950-1980” (2008.

*We invite you to submit proposals for either papers or panels*, in either Portuguese, Spanish, or English, not exceeding 1500 characters (including spaces) in the fields listed below (the list is indicative, and it may include other areas):

- film;

- television;

- video;

- cgi;

- Internet;

- digital media;

- media literacy;

- visual culture.

Attendance is free, but *only AIM members can submit proposals* for the II Annual Meeting.

Your contribution can be either:

- an individual paper; or,

- pre-constituted panels.

* *

*Proposals not submitted through the forms available* to members from the members’ area of our Internet site* will not be considered*. We therefore urge those of you not yet registered as members to *become members* (visit our membership form here <http://www.aim.org.pt/propostaSocio.php?Lang=EN>). *AIM members presenting proposals must renew their membership* and pay the 2011-2012 annual fee between October 1st and December 31st. The proposals can only be accepted after their membership is renewed.

Further information on the terms of participation, forms of contribution and submission of proposals can be found in the *online Call for Papers*, available here <http://www.aim.org.pt/encontro/index_en.html>.

The *deadline* for submission of proposals is December 31st, 2011.

*Organizers*

*
*

AIM – Portuguese Association of Researchers of the Moving Image

CECC – Research Center for Communication and Culture line of investigation Media, Technology, Contexts (Faculty of Human Sciences, Catholic University of Portugal.

https://mail.google.com/mail/images/cleardot.gif

Download the full text of Call For Paper here <http://aim.org.pt/docs/CfP%20-%20II%20Encontro%20Anual%20AIM%20-%20UCP%20Lisboa%20%28pt-en%29.pdf>.

Enquiries: (encontro /at/ aim.org.pt) <mailto:(encontro /at/ aim.org.pt)>

Website: http://aim.org.pt/index_en.php