[ecrea] 2nd Nordic Interdisciplinary Conference on Discourse and Interaction, NORDISCO 2012

Tue Nov 29 11:59:43 GMT 2011

status: CfP call for paper
conference
2nd Nordic Interdisciplinary Conference on Discourse and Interaction, NORDISCO 2012
21.11.12-23.11.12
Linköping University, Sweden

First call for papers:

NORDISCO 2012

2nd Nordic Interdisciplinary Conference on Discourse and Interaction
Linköping, Sweden, 21-23 November 2012

- Deadline for abstract submissions: 15 March 2012 -

After its initial successes in Aalborg, Denmark, in November 2010, NORDISCO is emerging as a biennial event, whose goal is to create a Nordic and Baltic forum bringing together researchers and doctoral students who are investigating discourse and interaction from a wide range of disciplinary perspectives. It is now our pleasure at Linköping University, Sweden, to host NORDISCO 2012, in the hope that the second Nordic and Baltic interdisciplinary conference will give rise to creative synergies and facilitate new networks, crossing both geographical and disciplinary borders.

The focus of the conference is on the organisation, structure and constitution of text, discourse, talk and social interaction. We therefore welcome researchers' contributions from different and diverse fields of enquiry, including - but not limited to - discourse studies, conversation analysis, discursive psychology, critical discourse analysis, interaction analysis, rhetoric, narrative analysis, discourse theory, political discourse analysis, social semiotics, multimodal discourse analysis, applied linguistics, gesture studies and communication activism, as well as approaches to discourse and interaction to be found in sociology, political science, environmental science, economics, media studies and cultural studies.

The CONFERENCE will consist of parallel paper sessions and four plenary presentations by leading researchers representing different domains of study. We are happy to be able to confirm plenaries by Anssi Peräkylä (Helsinki), Elizsabeth Lanza (Oslo), Inger Lassen (Aalborg), and Jan Anward (Linköping). As a special pre-conference event in the morning before the official conference, there will also be four WORKSHOPS, organised by our plenary speakers.

We invite submissions for paper presentations (20 minutes for presentation, to be followed by 5 minutes for questions) to be scheduled in parallel sessions. We will consider abstract proposals for concluded research projects as well as work-in-progress. If you wish to submit an abstract for consideration by the scientific committee, please follow the instructions under "Call for abstracts" on the conference website: http://www.liu.se/ikk/nordisco.
Presentations may be given in English or in a Nordic/Baltic language (if preferred). Please indicate your language preference when you submit your abstract. It is expected that presentations in specific languages will be clustered together when appropriate. The specific form (length, format, etc.) of the non-English slots will remain open until the organisers know how many non-English submissions they have received.
Abstracts will be reviewed for quality, relevance, topicality and originality by the 2nd NORDISCO scientific committee:
Jan Anward (Linköping), Mathias Broth (Linköping), Asta Cekaite (Linköping), Jakob Cromdal (Linköping), Marianne Winther Jørgensen (Linköping), Leelo Keevallik (Linköping), Elizabeth Lanza (Oslo), Inger Lassen (Aalborg), Angelika Linke (Linköping), Nigel Musk (Linköping), Karin Osvaldsson (Linköping), Charlotta Plejert (Linköping), Sari Pietikäinen (Jyväskylä) and Anssi Peräkylä (Helsinki).

We look forward to receiving your abstract proposals and hope to see you all in Linköping!

The NORDISCO 2012 organising committee

Alia Amir
Mathias Broth
Eva Carlestål
Asta Cekaite
Gwenaëlle Clairet
Leelo Keevallik
Nigel Musk
Charlotta Plejert

network: NORDISCO 2012 organising committee
institution: Department of Culture and Communication
Linköping University
S-581 83 Linköping
Sweden
participants: Alia Amir
Mathias Broth
Eva Carlestål
Asta Cekaite
Gwenaëlle Clairet
Leelo Keevallik
Nigel Musk
Charlotta Plejert
contact person: charlotta plejert
email: (charlotta.plejert /at/ liu.se)
telephone: 0046(0)13282812
address: Department of Culture and Communication
Linköping University
S-581 83 Linköping
Sweden