[ecrea] Earth Science Communication in a Changing Media Landscape - call for abstracts, AGU Fall Meeting, San Francisco, 5-9 Dec 2011

Thu Jul 07 10:00:11 GMT 2011

I would like to highlight a special session to you at the upcoming AGU Fall Meeting in San Francisco, December 5 - 9 2011. Randy Richardson from Arizona University and I are the organizers of the session "Earth Science Communication in a Changing Media Landscape" (PA03 <http://sites.agu.org/fallmeeting/scientific-program/session-search/678>) at the American Geophysical Union (AGU) Fall Meeting 5-9 December 2011. With more than 16.000 participants from all over the world, the Fall Meeting is one of the world's leading meetings for Earth Sciences.

We would like to encourage you to contribute a presentation on your experience in the area of science communication and interpretation via blogs and podcasts. The AGU Fall meeting is all about Earth sciences (and geophysics in particular), but within our Educations and Public Affairs tracks, we try to set a new focus on science communication and science interpretation. Presentations of Best Practice examples and new communication strategies will provide new insights and suggestions for Earth science communicators all over the world.

If you are interested in contributing to the Fall Meeting, please be aware that the deadline for all submissions of abstracts will be August 4. Since you might not be a member of AGU, there is the option to "sponsor" non-members abstract submissions by lending a valid membership-ID to you. If you are interested, please contact me or Randy for further details on this. You will find more information about the meeting at: http://sites.agu.org/fallmeeting/

We hope we were able to ignite a spark of interest. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact any of us. I also hope, that you could spread the word about the session and the Educations and Public Affairs tracks (AGU Fall Meeting session search <http://sites.agu.org/fallmeeting/scientific-program/session-search/>) throughout the science communication community.

Hope to see you in San Francisco,

sincerely,

Simon Schneider ((simon /at/ geotechnologien.de) <mailto:(simon /at/ geotechnologien.de)>) and Randy Richardson ((rmr /at/ email.arizona.edu) <mailto:(rmr /at/ email.arizona.edu)>)

--
Simon Schneider
Koordinierungsbüro GEOTECHNOLOGIEN

Telegrafenberg
14473 Potsdam / DEUTSCHLAND
0331 / 288 10 73
0174 / 18 42 467
(schneider /at/ geotechnologien.de)
http://www.geotechnologien.de
--

GEOTECHNOLOGIEN ist ein geowissenschaftliches Forschungs- und Entwicklungsprogramm und wird vom Bundesministerium für Bildung und Forschung (BMBF) und der Deutschen Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG) gefördert.

In interdisziplinären Verbundprojekten zwischen Wissenschaft und Wirtschaft werden neue Konzepte zur Nutzung der Erde und zum Schutz der auf ihr lebenden Menschen entwickelt.