[ecrea] Call for Papers to Eurasian Communication Association of North America

Sat Feb 19 20:37:12 GMT 2011

Dear esteemed colleagues,
It is our sincere privilege to welcome your submissions to the Eurasian Communication Association of North America Unit at the National 97th Annual Communication Convention in New Orleans, Louisiana this November. Please see our call details attached. We would greatly appreciate if you share this information with your affiliated networks. Please contact me if you have any questions or join our Facebook group at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=47195603354&v= .

Sincerely,
ECANA 2011 Planner
Sergei A. Samoilenko, George Mason University ((ssamoyle /at/ gmu.edu); 1-703-993-1090)

Eurasian Communication Association of North America

(former North American Russian Communication Association, NARCA)

CALL FOR PAPERS AND PANELS ON COMMUNICATION THEORY AND PRACTICE IN EASTERN EUROPE, RUSSIA, CIS and FORMER SOVIET REPUBLICS

Thursday, November 17 - Sunday, November 20, 2010 in New Orleans, Louisiana

DEADLINE: SUNDAY,   March 13th, 2011 at 11:59pm Pacific Time

Eurasian Communication Association of North America (ECANA) and the Russian Communication Association (RCA) invite the submission of completed papers (or extended abstracts) and panel proposals that focus on various aspects of communication theory and practice in Eastern Europe, Russian Federation and former Soviet republics.

Following the official theme for the NCA 97th Annual Convention Voice http://www.natcom.org/convention/ , ECANA will encourage submissions that focus on your experience related various academic constituencies, each with diverse perspectives and life experiences. Although NCA may advance the importance of respecting assorted fields, paradigms, experiences, and backgrounds, several real questions remain: How do you manage to make the difference and get your individual voice heard? How does your voice contribute to the research body of our field and the voice of our profession? How is this done? Sustaining a convention theme of Voice will be one way to begin (or continue) a conversation about these critical questions. When considering your potential participation with ECANA/RCA activities, please keep the convention theme in mind.

We welcome any methodological approach, theoretical perspective, or situation that may advance our understanding of communication discipline. For example, papers about communicative or rhetorical behavior, social interaction, theoretical contributions, any form of mediated or face-to-face form of communication or interaction between people from the above countries and cultures would be appropriate. However, submissions should not be limited to these areas as long as they are related to the above-mentioned regions in some way. In addition to the traditional types of submissions, we encourage innovative methods to involve scholars that may not use traditional presentational formats or require the literal presence of such participants.

Superior submissions may be programmed in the Scholar to Scholar Interactive Media Series, which provides a format especially appropriate for visual and aural work, multimedia projects, and interactive presentations.

All paper submissions must be uploaded to NCA Submission Central at https://ww4.aievolution.com/nca1101/ in order to be considered. Please note that you must strip ALL identifying information from your paper prior to submission. Specifically, authors will enter their submission information to include a list of author(s) or panelists, author(s)/panelists contact information, paper/proposal title and abstracts. If you are not a member of NCA, you will be able to create a user name and password for NCA Submission Central. Submissions should not exceed 25 pages of primary text [excluding abstract, title page and works cited page(s)].

The best student and faculty submissions will be recognized and top papers will be considered for publication in the RCA-sponsored Russian Journal of Communication.

Those who submit extended abstracts should note that if their paper is selected for the convention, they will be expected to upload a copy of their full, completed paper during the September period for submitting revised papers.

For information or questions, please contact the 2010-2011 NCA co-planners of ECANA: Sergei A. Samoilenko, George Mason University ((ssamoyle /at/ gmu.edu); 1-703-993-1090) or
Mike Hazen, Wake Forest University ((hazen /at/ wfu.edu); 1-336-758-5404).