[ecrea] CFP NordMedia: Journalism Studies

Fri Feb 18 14:25:39 GMT 2011

The CFP for the NordMedia conference in Iceland is now open. The
conference will be held at the University of Akureyri, August 11th to
August 13th 2011.

Journalism Studies Division is looking forward to active and inspiring
sessions. Please, submit online by deadline: March 25th 2011.
(Deadline for full papers by June 20th.)

Possibilities to submit:
- full papers
- posters
- panel proposals
- extended abstracts

http://english.unak.is/conferences/page/call_for_papers

Best regards,
Laura Ahva
University of Tampere

= = =

Journalism Studies

The Journalism Studies Division welcomes empirical and theoretical
submissions that deal with issues within the changing journalism
culture. We encourage papers that focus on production, presentation or
reception within one or across different publishing platforms, locally
and globally. Analyses of data collection methods, digital
storytelling, changing professional values, online ethics and the
relationship between professional, alternative and amateur journalism
are of interest.

The increasing number of journalistic approaches and publishing
outlets prompts researchers to revisit and question their own roles as
well. In what ways should academic research address the constantly
emerging diversity of journalism? Are we focusing on the ?right?
themes, asking the ?right? questions and using suitable methods for
analysis?

All in all, the Division will continue the innovative, reflective and
critical discussions about the function, quality and objectives of
journalism and its study in a Nordic context. Papers, extended
abstracts and posters are welcome. In particular, we encourage
participants to submit posters, since we would like to include a
separate poster session in the programme.

Papers may be written in English or Scandinavian languages, but it is
suggested that the presentations in the conference would be held in
English.

For more information about the division, please contact the chair of
the group, thank you!

Chairs:

Laura Ahva (chair) ((laura.ahva /at/ uta.fi))
Journalism Research and Development Centre, School of Communication,
Media and Theatre, University of Tampere, Finland

Astrid Gynnild (co-chair) ((astrid.gynnild /at/ infomedia.uib.no))
Department of Information Science and Media Studies, University of
Bergen, Norway

= = =

For further information on NordMedia 2011, please contact: Sigrún
Vésteinsdóttir
Project co-ordinator, University of Akureyri Research Centre, (sv /at/ unak.is)