[ecrea] CFP: Six Feet Under Convention

Wed Feb 02 11:43:49 GMT 2011

â??Everything. Everyone. Everywhere. Endsâ?? Why Six Feet Under Still Matters CALL FOR PAPERS Deadline for proposals: Friday, April 1, 2011 The UK Speechwritersâ?? Guild is organising a fan-based convention to celebrate the cult hit television series â??Six Feet Underâ?? recognising its contribution to popular culture and reputation as â??the most groundbreaking TV series ever madeâ??. We invite proposals from any academic discipline?literature, historry, communications, film and television studies, womenâ??s studies, gender studies, religion, philosophy, linguistics, rhetoric, and cultural studies?for papers, panels, and lectures on any aspect of â??Sixx Feet Underâ??. We are most interested in contributions making academic insights accessible to a public audience. We will also accept a limited number of pieces of fan fiction, character analysis, testimonials, or personal stories about the show. All papers are limited to a maximum reading time of 15 minutes. Send proposal abstract of 250 words, with contact information. Submissions by undergraduate and graduate students, faculty and staff are accepted. The Six Feet Under Convention will take place in Bournemouth, England, from 12-14 August, 2011. Find out more at http://www.sixfeetunderconvention.co.uk Please send proposals to Brian Jenner (info /at/ ukspeechwritersguild.co.uk)