Archive for calls, October 2011

[ecrea] Is there a future for the press in Wales? journalism conference

Mon Oct 03 15:03:34 GMT 2011

*IS THERE A FUTURE FOR THE PRESS IN WALES?*

/A one-day conference at the Atrium in Cardiff – Saturday 19 November 2011/

This is an opportunity to analyse the crisis in the Welsh press and to look for solutions which will provide the citizens of Wales with the journalism they need in the future.

We invite journalists, academics, newspaper readers and anyone interested in the health of civil society in Wales to participate in the discussion.

We are looking for new ideas which can provide a way forward for journalism in Wales.

Organised by the University of Glamorgan and the National Union of Journalists (Cardiff and S E Wales Branch).

/A full programme will follow shortly./

Attendance to the conference is free, but delegates must register in advance as places are limited.
Please contact: Dr Huw D. Jones <http://staff.glam.ac.uk/users/4110-hjones6>

Email: (hjones6 /at/ glam.ac.uk) <mailto:(hjones6 /at/ glam.ac.uk)?subject=Is%20there%20a%20future%20for%20the%20press%20in%20Wales>
Tel: 01443 668524

For more information contact: http://culture.research.glam.ac.uk/futureofthepress/ <http://culture.research.glam.ac.uk/futureofthepress/>