Archive for October 2021

[Commlist] Roles Available at Fantasy-Animation.org

Tue Oct 19 18:01:04 GMT 2021

/Fantasy-Animation.org/ has the following vacancies in its current editorial team, and is seeking expressions of interest from colleagues looking to increase their academic citizenship duties.

Founded in May 2018 by Dr. Alexander Sergeant (University of Portsmouth) and Dr. Christopher Holliday (King’s College London), /Fantasy-Animation.org/ hosts a weekly academic blog and biweekly podcast aimed at a wider audience of academics, creative practitioners, students and fans.

The following volunteer roles will help the existing team meet the demands of our ever-expanding readership and listenership, and should suit colleagues from a range of professional backgrounds, including (but not limited to) film studies, media studies and creative practice. As well as established HE professionals, we strongly encourage applications from early career academics (MA/PhD) looking to gain experience in the following areas:

- Film/TV Review Editor (x1). Responsibilities include sourcing and commissioning film reviews to cover the latest cinematic and streaming releases, liaising with film distributors, reviewing/editing articles, working with contributors and promoting/disseminating new posts on social media/other online networks. 1-2 hours per week.

-      Events Editor (x1). Responsibilities include sourcing and commissioning events covering the latest academic conferences, conventions, exhibits or any other live event, liaising with host institutions, peer-reviewing/editing articles, working with contributors and promoting/disseminating new posts on social media/other online networks. 1-2 hours per week.

-       Associate Editor (multiple roles available). We welcome expressions of interest from individuals willing to act as occasional peer-reviewers, reviewing our short 1,500 blog posts against the standards of academic peer-review. Maximum of 3-4 per calendar year.

Interested parties should get in touch via email ((fananimresearch /at/ gmail.com) <mailto:(fananimresearch /at/ gmail.com)>), including a CV and brief cover letter detailing your interest and suitability for the role by *_Friday 29^th  October_*. Informal inquiries can also be directed to the same address.

The positions will initially be appointed for a period of December 2021 to December 2022.