Archive for October 2021

[Commlist] Two Decades of Shrek Online Symposium

Fri Oct 15 21:26:03 GMT 2021

I’m happy to announce that registration is now open for the Two Decades of Shrek online symposium, hosted by Middlesex University and organised by myself and Lilly Husbands

Taking place virtually on Saturday 13th November, this interdisciplinary symposium aims to contextualise the 2001 film and the franchise it spawned, evaluate its legacy, and investigate why it was so impactful

We'll be doing this through a series of papers with topics including Shrek's relationship with the Disney studio, its innovative approaches and aesthetics, its prominence in internet meme culture, and its representation of race, gender, disability and family dynamics.

Places are free but ticketed. Attendees will get access to a Zoom link in advance of the conference, which will run from 11:00-17:30 GMT. Head to www.shrek2021.eventbrite.co.uk <http://www.shrek2021.eventbrite.co.uk> to register

In addition, we can now announce our full program, available at this link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LeaJDml8k6y1tp4ATFFPz_5W9xCFzZRw/view <https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LeaJDml8k6y1tp4ATFFPz_5W9xCFzZRw/view>

For any enquiries, contact (s.summers /at/ mdx.ac.uk) <mailto:(s.summers /at/ mdx.ac.uk)>