Archive for October 2021

[Commlist] Editorial Board Media Practice and Education

Thu Oct 14 16:48:07 GMT 2021

Media Practice and Education is seeking new members for its Editorial Board. The journal is now in its 22^nd year and is the leading global forum for sharing creative media practice research. It sees media practice as broad ranging and interdisciplinary, and it makes an impactful contribution to the advancement of creative-critical praxis. The journal’s focus is on the interplay between critical/theoretical reflection and the creative practice of media practitioners/educators.

We are looking for Board members with an academic background in media practice and/or media education and are particularly interested in those with experience and/or interest in transcultural media practice and production. We are looking for people willing to play an active part in our regular editorial board meetings and to commit to reviewing up to six articles a year. As well as reviewing, you would also be contributing to the next, important stage of the journal’s journey and helping to shape the future of critical thinking within creative media practice. We also have joint oversight with MeCCSA of our annual Media Practice Symposium.

The journal is actively enhancing itsinclusivity agenda, with a dynamic dialogue within the Editorial Board to envision strategies that enact decolonisation within media practice research.We are especially enthused to bring about special issues related to intersectionality of feminism, race and media, from both industry and pedagogy perspectives. A central aspect of our editorial vision is to ensure more effective partnerships among these groups. In doing so, we are committed to fostering greater internationalisation of both Editorial Board members and articles published in the journal, to encourage deeper engagement with the Global South.

If you would like to contribute to this important journey, please send your CV and a one-page outline on what you feel you could offer the journal to: Paromita (Painparomita.pain /at/ gmail.com) <mailto:(paromita.pain /at/ gmail.com)>

We have several vacancies and would particularly welcome applications from underrepresented groups, institutions and regions. Expressions of interest are also welcome from interested parties across all stages of their career. Please note that this is an unpaid role, which brings wider rewards relating to the active and communal development of our subject area.

For more information on the Journal see here <https://www.tandfonline.com/action/journalInformation?show=aimsScope&journalCode=RJMP20>.