Archive for October 2021

[Commlist] Tenure-track faculty search at Cornell University: Science-Based Solutions to Grand Challenges in Equity and Inclusion

Tue Oct 12 08:13:42 GMT 2021

Cornell University’s College of Agriculture and Life Sciences (CALS) is leading a new cluster hire initiative that leverages our existing strengths and transdisciplinary leadership in solution-based physical and/or social sciences to explicitly address systemic challenges facing historically and habitually marginalized and disadvantaged communities. We seek to establish a network of scholars committed to pursuing research, teaching, extension and outreach on race, racism, ethnicity, social justice, power, and equality structures in their various fields of specialization. /The Communication Department is heavily involved with this search and has a faculty member serving on the search committee. Thus, we highly encourage communication scholars who see themselves as a fit to apply <https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/19729>./

//

CALS embraces interdisciplinary scholarship and collaboration in our departments and schools. The successful candidate will join the faculty in one of CALS’ nationally and internationally recognized tenure-granting departments and sections: our 16 departments <https://cals.cornell.edu/education/schools-departments> plus the School of Integrative Plant Science <https://cals.cornell.edu/school-integrative-plant-science>. Strong consideration will be given to scholars with demonstrated research and teaching or extension excellence in areas such as (but not exclusive to): climate and environmental justice; social and socio-economic system resilience under climate change, globalization, and/or technological change; health equity; disparities in access/use/representation in media and communication technologies; food security, food access and food technology; agricultural, natural resource, land, and water (dis)possession and management; improving urban landscapes and ecosystems; urban agriculture; empowerment of Black, Indigenous, and Hispanic people, and people of color in agriculture or food production; access, equity, and inclusion in the realm of artificial intelligence, big data, computational biology and/or the basic life sciences.

The new faculty will join a department of mutually aligned interests and focal area, contributing to research and teaching or extension curriculum in a way that leverages existing strengths while building unique and collaborative opportunities and programs that include community engagement with a focus on equity and justice. At least five new faculty will be hired as part of this search.

You will find the full description at the AJO <https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/19729>application portal.