Archive for October 2021

[Commlist] Assistant Professor of Interpersonal Communication at LSU (Tenure-Track)

Sat Oct 02 10:55:36 GMT 2021

*Assistant Professor of Interpersonal Communication at LSU*

The Department of Communication Studies at Louisiana State University invites applications for an Assistant Professor of Interpersonal Communication to begin Fall 2022. We are especially receptive to social scientists working in one or more of the following: relational communication (e.g., relational development, family communication, supportive communication; marginalized groups); computer-mediated communication; interracial/intergroup/intercultural/co-cultural communication in interpersonal contexts; and interpersonal relationships in health contexts (e.g., doctor-patient interactions, family caregiving, formal social groups). The department hosts laboratory space in support of research activities. We welcome scholars conducting social science research using quantitative, qualitative, and/or mixed methods. Questions may be addressed to Renee Edwards, (edwards /at/ lsu.edu). The full description and application portal are available at https://lsu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/LSU/job/0260-OK-Allen-Hall/Assistant-Professor-of-Interpersonal-Communication--Tenure-Track-_R00061087

*
*
*Job Posting Title: *

Assistant Professor of Interpersonal Communication (Tenure-Track)

*Position Type: *

Faculty

*Department: *

LSUAM HSS - Communication Studies

*Pay Grade: *

Academic

*Job Description: *

The Department of Communication Studies at Louisiana State University invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor of Interpersonal Communication to begin Fall 2022. We seek scholars to conduct high quality research, teach graduate and undergraduate courses, and advise graduate students. Questions may be addressed to the Search Committee Chair, Dr. Renee Edwards, (edwards /at/ lsu.edu)

*Required Qualifications *

A Ph.D. in interpersonal communication; research credentials commensurate with a Comprehensive Doctoral University; and evidence of excellence in teaching are required. Applicants who will complete the Ph.D. by the time of appointment will be considered.

*Preferred Qualifications *

We desire a colleague who complements and builds on departmental strengths in interpersonal communication. Experience with extramural funding is desired. Experience working in and ability to contribute to a multicultural setting is essential.

We are especially receptive to social scientists working in one or more of the following areas: relational communication (e.g., relational development, family communication, supportive communication; marginalized groups); computer-mediated communication; interracial/intergroup/intercultural/co-cultural communication in interpersonal contexts; and interpersonal relationships in health contexts (e.g., doctor-patient interactions, family caregiving, formal social groups). The department hosts laboratory space in support of research activities. We welcome scholars conducting social science research using quantitative, qualitative, and/or mixed methods.

Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. An offer of employment is contingent on a satisfactory pre-employment background check. Application review will begin immediately and will continue until a candidate is selected.

Review of applications will begin on Nov. 12 and continue until the position is filled.

*Background Check *

An offer of employment is contingent on a satisfactory pre-employment background check.

*Benefits *

LSU offers outstanding benefits to eligible employees and their dependents including health, life, dental, and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; retirement options; various leave options; paid holidays; wellness benefits; tuition exemption for qualified positions; training and development opportunities; employee discounts; and more!

*Additional Job Description *

*Special Instructions: *

Application materials, including a letter of application, vita, description of research program, sample of scholarly writing, evidence of teaching excellence, and a copy of your transcript(s) should be attached under the “Resume/CV” section of your application. A copy of your transcripts(s) may be attached to your application (if available). However, official transcripts are required prior to hire.

Applicants should submit a separate diversity statement addressing commitment to inclusivity and support for diverse populations in their past efforts and plans for future inclusiveness in teaching and research.

Please include contact information for three individuals who may be contacted by email or phone for recommendations. Materials must be bundled into 5 or fewer files for submission to the electronic system.

*Posting Date: *

September 30, 2021

*Closing Date (Open Until Filled if No Date Specified): *

*LSU is an Equal Opportunity Employer: *

LSU believes diversity, equity, and inclusion enrich the educational experience of our students, faculty, and staff, and are necessary to prepare all people to thrive personally and professionally in a global society. We celebrate diversity and are committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion. We actively seek and encourage qualified applications from persons with diverse backgrounds, cultures and experiences. To learn more about how LSU is committed to diversity and inclusivity, please see LSU’s Diversity Statement and Roadmap. Persons needing accommodations or assistance with the accessibility of materials related to this search are encouraged to contact the Office of Human Resource Management ((hr /at/ lsu.edu)).