Archive for October 2017

[ecrea] New book "Exploring Media Research"

Tue Oct 10 13:02:51 GMT 2017

I'm pleased to announce the publication of my new book on new concepts and methods in media research. Links below along with the publisher's blurb, which I hope you feel the text merits.

Andy Ruddock /Exploring Media Research Theories, Practice, and Purpose/. Sage: September 2017.

https://au.sagepub.com/en-gb/oce/exploring-media-research/book243629
https://www.amazon.com.au/Exploring-Media-Research-Theories-Practice-ebook/dp/B01N26S8FK/ref=sr_1_2?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1507622780&sr=1-2

From Donald Trump’s use of Twitter, to social media mourning, to cyber-bullying: the evidence of media influence today is all around us. As such, good media research is more important than ever, and crucially, is something all students can and should do.

/Exploring Media Research/**is an eye-opening exploration of what it means to understand and do media research today. Carefully balancing theory and practice, Andy Ruddock demystifies the process, showing you don’t need huge amounts of time or money to do meaningful media analysis. The book:

  * Introduces students to the scope and seriousness of media influence
  * Shows them how to tie their own interests to academic concepts and
    research issues
  * Explains how to use this understanding to develop proper research
    questions
  * Translates key theoretical concepts into actual research methods
    students can use to explore the media texts, events, markets and
    professionals that interest them.

Bringing theory to life throughout with a range of contemporary case studies, /Exploring Media Research /is a thoughtful and practical guide to gathering and analysing media data. It is essential reading for students of media, communication and cultural studies.