Archive for January 2014

[ecrea] cfp digital nightmares collection

Fri Jan 31 03:05:22 GMT 2014

CALL FOR TWO REPLACEMENT CHAPTERS DEADLINE 1 MARCH 2014

Digital Nightmares: Wired Ghosts, CCTV Horror and the Found Footage Phenomenon, ed. by Linnie Blake and Xavier Aldana Reyes. Publisher IB Tauris

Following the unavoidable withdrawal of two contributors we are seeking two submissions to a collection contracted to IB Tauris.  Deadlines are tight and we are requesting completed papers by 1 March 2014.

The themes are:

i) Technological Hauntings:
After the success of the televisual nightmare of Ringu (1998), post-millennial films have registered an important influx of literal ghosts in the machine. In fact, as White Noise (2005), Pulse (2006) or One Missed Call (2008) evince, spectres now haunt every form of information technologies, from phones to computers and radios. We are seeking a paper of around 5000 words on any of these themes.

ii) CCTV Horror
In recent years, there has also been a systematic application of new digital media to the recording methods and narrative structures of the horror genre, with films such as My Little Eye (2002) shot exclusively from the point of view of closed circuit television. We are seeking a paper of around 5000 words on the subject of CCTV horror.

Please contact the editors as soon as possible to discuss possible submissions:
(X.Aldana-Reyes /at/ mmu.ac.uk)  &  (l.blake /at/ mmu.ac.uk)

The original cfp is here:http://call-for-papers.sas.upenn.edu/node/50010