Archive for January 2014

[ecrea] CFP: Journal of Digital and Media Literacy

Fri Jan 10 12:59:03 GMT 2014

The Journal of Digital and Media Literacy is currently accepting submissions. To be considered for our Spring 2014 issue, please submit by February 1, 2014. (You can view our latest issue at www.jodml.org)

JoDML is a peer-reviewed, online journal that explores the ways people use technology to create, sustain, and impact communities on local, national, and global levels. Our content examines how civic leaders, media practitioners, scholars, and educators engage with all aspects of digital and media literacy throughout the communities in which they work, live, and serve.

Types of Submissions: articles and digital projects

Research and Scholarship (4000 – 5000 words)

Scholars may submit research articles and theoretical/critical papers for double-blind peer review. These manuscripts must relate and contribute to the emerging field of digital and media literacy. Authors must engage with the existing literature and the research question/answer should significantly contribute to the field.

Submissions must be written to engage readers at an undergraduate reading level; we strive for a Flesch Reading Ease score of 30. Our goal is to publish academically sophisticated research with a simplified writing style for a broad audience. This readability requirement should inspire authors to write in such a way that includes—and welcomes—the audience that they research.

Submissions should adhere to the specified word count and comply with the Chicago Manual of Style (16th edition)–specifically the notes and bibliography style (not author-date).

Digital Projects

Scholars, artists, activists, practitioners, and educators may submit interactive, mobile, web-based, photographic, video or any combination of mixed media digital projects for double-blind peer review. Authors should submit a written introduction for each digital project submission that theoretically frames the project within the field of digital and media literacy.

To learn more, visit:http://www.jodml.org/submit

Thank you,
Alexis Carreiro
Editor, Journal of Digital and Media Literacy
Queens University of Charlotte
J <mailto:(jodmleditor /at/ queens.edu)>(odmleditor /at/ queens.edu) <mailto:(odmleditor /at/ queens.edu)>