Archive for October 2011

[ecrea] ICA Regional Co-sponsored conference in Lille, France

Mon Oct 10 11:25:33 GMT 2011

For those of you who were not able to submit a 1,000-word abstract for the 2012 ICA regional conference in Lille, France, we have some good news: the deadline has been *extended to October 30, 2011.* We already received more than 120 submissions, which is very good for a regional conference. Because of technical difficulties we experienced on the very date of the deadline, but also because we would like to target 200 submissions for this conference, we thought it would be a good idea to offer this extension.

Please find in attachment the Call for Papers. This regional conference is titled "Communicating in a World of Norms: Information and Communication in Contemporary Globalization” and will take place in Lille, France, from March 7-9, 2012.

For more information about this event, please go to http://cmn2012.sciencesconf.org/?lang=en <http://cmn2012.sciencesconf.org/?lang=en>

Lille is located in Northern France and it takes less than one hour by train to get to this beautiful city from the Roissy Charles de Gaulle airport, one of the two main Paris airports.

For more information about Lille, please visit http://www.mairie-lille.fr/en <http://www.mairie-lille.fr/en>

We hope that you will be interested in participating in this international event, which is co-sponsored by ICA, the GERIICO [Group of studies and research on information and communication] and the SFSIC [French Society for Information and Communication Sciences]. It is the first time that ICA is sponsoring such an event in France, which will help us develop stronger scientific relationships between communication scholars all around the world.

The proposals can be submitted in French or in English. The authors will get an answer at the beginning of December 2011. Please see the attached CFP for more details.

Looking forward to seeing you there! If you have any question, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

François Cooren, PhD
Past president (2010-2011)