[ecrea] Media Ethics and the Global

Thu Jun 19 07:22:54 GMT 2008

>"Media Ethics and the Global" - A Symposium presented by New York University, The American University of Paris, and  Goldsmiths, University of London.
>

>On June 25-26, 2008 in the Grand Salon, The American University of Paris, 31 av Bosquet,
>
>Paris 75007.
>

>This symposium brings together researchers from different disciplines to talk about how to deal with the ethics of global media convergence. Never have human beings been so much in contact with media from other cultures and other places. The media - whether institutional, commercial or amateur - now cross the borders of the world between nations but also between ideologies and religions. How do the media intersect with the ways people across the world live together, in their practice, in their representations and in their consumption? The boundaries between public and private, between national and non-national between self and other are shifting in ways that are unpredictable. Governments and regulatory bodies' roles are changing and audience and publics also have new expectations. How can scholars provide frameworks to think through answers to the associated ethical problems? Do mass-communicated media and new interactive technologies generate new types of ethical and phil
 sophical problems? How can international and national media provide effective hospitality to 'others' beyond those media's constituencies?  Can there be media ethics when we are no longer confident that we know what "the media" is?

>All enquiries to Pat Lair: (plair /at/ aup.fr)
>

>http://www.aup.fr/news/special_events/MediaEthics_Global.htm

Attachment Converted: "C:\Users\ncarpent\Documents\Attachments\attachment124"

Attachment Converted: "C:\Users\ncarpent\Documents\Attachments\attachment224.htm"