[ecrea] Lectureship in Television Studies

Sun May 18 18:27:38 GMT 2008

>This post has recently been announced in The Guardian and jobs.ac.uk:
>
>Lecturer in Television Studies (full-time, permanent)
>Department of Film, Theatre & Television
>University of Reading
>Start date: 1 September 2008 or as soon as possible thereafter
>Closing date: 30 May 2008
>Interview date: 25 June 2008
>Reference number: LE08017
>Pay grade: Grade 7
>Payscale: £31,840 to £42,791 per annum
>
>We need a talented Lecturer to research in television studies, to teach
>television across all three years of the undergraduate programme and to
>contribute to MA teaching and PhD supervision. You will need strong academic
>qualifications in television studies, and relevant teaching experience.  You
>will join our vigorous research and teaching culture and will be able to
>contribute to the development of television in this internationally renowned
>department.
>
>You will have:
>a PhD in a relevant subject
>the ability to publish academic research in television studies
>experience in teaching television studies at undergraduate and/or
>postgraduate level
>understanding of current approaches to television analysis
>the ability to work as a member of a team
>interest in connections between television and film or/and theatre
>Experience of teaching theoretical ideas by means of practical workshops
>would be an advantage, though training is available if you are unfamiliar
>with this approach.
>
>For informal enquiries, contact:
>Prof. Jonathan Bignell
>Head of Department
>Phone: +44 (0)118 378 8878
>Email: (J.Bignell /at/ reading.ac.uk)
>
>Application forms and further information are available at:
>www.reading.ac.uk/Jobs
>or telephone 0118 378 6771 (voicemail).
>

>Jonathan Bignell
>Professor of Television and Film
>Department of Film, Theatre & Television
>University of Reading
>Bulmershe Court
>Reading RG6 1HY
>www.reading.ac.uk/ftt/

Vrijheidslaan 17 - B-1081 Brussel - Belgium
&
Facultés Universitaires Saint-Louis
Boulevard du Jardin Botanique 43  - B-1000 Brussel - Belgium
ECREA's Second European Communication Conference
Barcelona, 25-28 November 2008
http://www.ecrea2008barcelona.org/