Archive for publications, September 2022

[Commlist] Global Media and China the latest issue—September 2022 published

Fri Sep 23 11:56:47 GMT 2022

We are pleased to announce that our journal Global Media and China has just published its latest issue (Volume 7, Issue 3, September 2022).

Special Section:  Platformization of entrepreneurial labor via Chinese digital networks

Guest Editors: Haiqing Yu, Jian Xu, Ping Sun

And also we sincerely welcome your contribution to our journals. If you are interested and have the time, it is a great honour for us to receive your submission. Here is the submission portal:

https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/gmac <https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/gmac>. For more information about Global Media and China, please go to gch.sagepub.com <http://gch.sagepub.com/>, you can also find detailed submission guidelines there.

You can freely read this new issue at: https://journals.sagepub.com/toc/GCH/current <https://journals.sagepub.com/toc/GCH/current>

(Follow us at: https://twitter.com/GCHjournal <https://twitter.com/GCHjournal>; https://www.facebook.com/Global-Media-and-China-110136464998539/ <https://www.facebook.com/Global-Media-and-China-110136464998539/>)

*Introduction*

*"Platformization of entrepreneurial labor via Chinese digital networks*

/Haiqing Yu, Jian Xu, Ping Sun/

https://doi.org/10.1177/20594364221123841 <https://doi.org/10.1177%2F20594364211046769>

*Special Issue Articles*

*"Selling Poverty" on Kuaishou: How entrepreneurialism disciplines Chinese underclass online participation*

/Jiaxi Hou, Yanhui Zhang/

https://doi.org/10.1177/20594364221095895 <https://doi.org/10.1177%2F20594364211046769>

*Relational platform entrepreneurs: Live commerce and the 818 Jiazu*

/Isabel Fangyi Lu, Lili Wang/

https://doi.org/10.1177/2059436422109749 <https://doi.org/10.1177%2F20594364211046769>

*The postfeminist entrepreneurial self and the platformisation of labour: A case study of yesheng female lifestyle bloggers on Xiaohongshu<https://doi.org/10.1177%2F20594364211046769>*

/Jia Guo<https://doi.org/10.1177%2F20594364211046769>/

_https://doi.org/10.1177/20594364221095896 <https://doi.org/10.1177%2F20594364211046769>_

*Platformed playworkers: Game video creators**’** affective labour and emotional labour on Bilibili*

/Nan Zhang, Yunrui Wu/

_https://doi.org/10.1177/20594364221096498_

*Loving the enemy app: Resistance versus professionalism in **‘**post-TikTok**’** India*

/Suruchi Mazumda/

<https://doi.org/10.1177%2F20594364211046769>

https://doi.org/10.1177/20594364221116018 <https://doi.org/10.1177%2F20594364221090711><https://doi.org/10.1177%2F20594364221090711>

*Original Articles*

*Exploring the effects of traditional media, social media, and foreign media on hierarchical levels of political trust in China*

/Ping Xu, Yinjiao Ye, Mingxin Zhang/

https://doi.org/10.1177/20594364221115270 <https://doi.org/10.1177%2F20594364211046769>

*Book Reviews*

*Remaking Red classics in post-mao China: TV drama as popular media*

/Lara Vanderstaay/

https://doi.org/10.1177/20594364221098441 <https://doi.org/10.1177%2F20594364221081323>

*Chinese Film Festivals: Sites of Translation*

/Seio Nakajima/

https://doi.org/10.1177/20594364221089985 <https://doi.org/10.1177%2F20594364221081327><https://doi.org/10.1177%2F20594364221081327>