Archive for publications, 2019

[Commlist] New Research Report: Platform Planet: Development in the Intelligence Economy

Thu Nov 21 16:38:53 GMT 2019

IT for Change is pleased to announce the release of our new report, ‘Platform Planet: Development in the Intelligence Economy’ <https://itforchange.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6fd97454ef6c0671ea92b5cb4&id=ba574413ac&e=51ac4ae30b> that synthesizes findings from a two year multi-country, cross-sectoral research program.

Our report analyzes and shows how platforms – as network-data architectures that orchestrate production and exchange – restructure socio-economic relations. Proceeding from an analysis of production systems and value creation, the report traces the transformation from size-scale to intelligence-scale economies and the undisputed rise of data as the new resource over which a planetary struggle for power emerges.

We invite you to read our report <https://itforchange.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6fd97454ef6c0671ea92b5cb4&id=b0c8cf3e85&e=51ac4ae30b> and delve into the many insights that have come from this project or take a look at our executive summary <https://itforchange.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6fd97454ef6c0671ea92b5cb4&id=3efe1e7b6e&e=51ac4ae30b> for a quick snapshot of findings. Please consider sharing and circulating widely among your networks.

Report link:https://itforchange.net/sites/default/files/add/Report-Platform%20Planet_Development_in_the_intelligence_economy.pdf

Summary link: https://itforchange.net/sites/default/files/add/Summary-Platform%20Planet_Development_in_the_intelligence_economy.pdf