Archive for publications, 2019

[Commlist] A new issue of journal 'Comunicación y Medios' published

Wed Jul 24 23:19:49 GMT 2019

A new issue of journal Comunicación y Medios <https://comunicacionymedios.uchile.cl/>is out!: Contemporary cinema and documentary in Latin America

The new issue contains 14 original articles and three book reviews about Latin American films and documentaries, emphasizing a gender perspective. The special issue is introduced by the guest editors, Prof. Catalina Donoso (Universidad de Chile) and Prof. Valeria de los Ríos (Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile), and includes a discussion section with Chilean filmmakers Camila José Donoso (Nona, if they soak me, I’ll burn them, 2019), Tiziana Panizza (Solitary land, 2017) y Jorge Lavanderos (Lost North, 2015).

Scholars from the United States, the United Kingdom, Ecuador, Spain, Scotland, and Chile discuss new devices, mechanisms, and intersections of a Latin American cinema in movement.

As the guest editors explain in their editorial article, “Our purpose was to suggest several and different perspectives to address the topic. We received many and diverse works. The articles finally accepted and published in this new issue provide an overview of Latin American cinema and documentaries that, for sure, is not finished. Such debate is alive and fueled by these works, too”.

Issue #39 of Comunicación y Mediosalso includes papers on television and press. We encourage you to read and share with your scholarly networks.

Please, consider our journal in the future to publish your work and/or to contribute as a reviewer. Please check comunicacionymedios.uchile.cl <https://comunicacionymedios.uchile.cl/>.