Archive for publications, 2019

[Commlist] Journal of Alternative and Community Media 4(2) 2019 published

Wed Jun 12 05:38:00 GMT 2019

I am pleased to present volume 4, issue 2 (2019) <https://joacm.org/index.php/joacm/issue/view/110> of the /Journal of Alternative and Community Media/. This issue will host articles and book reviews on a rolling basis throughout the year, in parallel to our special issues.

By way of reminder, our first special issue, The 'other' alternatives: Political right-wing alternative media <https://joacm.org/index.php/joacm/issue/view/107>, was published in April. The next special issue, Ethnic Minority Media: Between Hegemony and Resistance, is scheduled for publication in July.
*
*
*Vol 4, No 2 (2019)*

        Articles

Community media, their communities and conflict: A mapping analysis of Israeli community broadcasting groups <https://joacm.org/index.php/joacm/article/view/1147>
Hillel Nossek, Nico Carpentier

PDF <https://joacm.org/index.php/joacm/article/view/1147/1002>
1-13

Diverging ideals of autonomy: Non-state media in Cuba challenging a broken media monopoly <https://joacm.org/index.php/joacm/article/view/1148>
Anne Natvig

PDF <https://joacm.org/index.php/joacm/article/view/1148/1004>
14-30

Youth Documentary Academy: The social practices of filmmaking and media advocacy <https://joacm.org/index.php/joacm/article/view/1149>
Gino Canella

PDF <https://joacm.org/index.php/joacm/article/view/1149/1006>
31-43

The printed (French-speaking) alternative media in Belgium: Journalism or activism? <https://joacm.org/index.php/joacm/article/view/1150>
Robin Van Leeckwyck

PDF <https://joacm.org/index.php/joacm/article/view/1150/1009>
44-59

The /Journal of Alternative and Community Media /is an open access, international journal dedicated to the study of all forms of alternative, community, activist, grassroots and citizens' media. The journal is co-published by the IAMCR's Community Communication and Alternative Media section and the Griffith Centre for Social and Cultural Research. The journal publishes peer-reviewed articles and book reviews on a rolling basis in addition to guest-edited special issues.

Please address any correspondence to our Managing Editor, Ben Green, at (editorial /at/ joacm.org).
Ben Green | Managing Editor
*Journal of Alternative and Community Media*
*E *(_editorial /at/ joacm.org) <mailto:(b.green /at/ griffith.edu.au)>_ |*W *www.joacm.org <http://www.joacm.joacm.org> *F *facebook.com/joacm.org <http://facebook.com/joacm.org> | *T *twitter.com/JournalofACM <http://twitter.com/JournalofACM>