Archive for publications, 2018

[Commlist] New Issue: Mediální studia / Media Studies vol. 12, no. 2

Mon Dec 17 17:58:28 GMT 2018

We are pleased to announce that new issue of Mediální studia / Media Studies (volume 12, issue 2) is available online (https://www.medialnistudia.fsv.cuni.cz/en/current-issue).

As a bilingual journal, the issue includes 4 texts in English, 6 texts in Czech (studies with abstracts in English).

Table of contents
=================
Editorial

STUDIES
Ville Manninen:
Audience expectations and trust in online journalism

Alessandro Nani:
"I produce for myself": Public service media, cross-media and producers in today´s media eco-system

Jakub Machek:
Czech-language Dailies and Their Readers at the Turn of the 20th Century

Eva Pětvalská, Marína Urbániková:
Human Rights Madness: Media Representation of Inclusive Education and its Comparison in Blesk, Aha! and MF DNES Daily Newspapers

POLEMICS
Jan Křeček:
CEMES 2017: closely watched analysis. Broadcasting as a Whole and Social Relevance - Two Current Problems of Czech Applied Media Research

INTERVIEW
Theresa Procházková, Marie Zetová
Semiotics of Estonian E-Threats. An Interview with Mari-Liis Madisson.

BOOK REVIEWS
Miloš Hroch: The turn to a past written in fanzines
The Subcultures Network (2018). Ripped, torn and cut: Pop, politics and punk fanzines from 1976. Manchester: Manchester University Press.

Darren Ingram: Media Logic(s) Revisited
Media Logic(s) Revisited: Modelling the Interplay between Media Institutions, Media Technology and Societal Change. Edited by Thimm, C., Anastasiadis, M., Einspänner-Pflock, J. (2018). Cham: Palgrave Macmillan.

REPORTS
Andrea Průchová Hrůzová
Interdisciplinary Visual Culture Research and its Experimental and Traditional Strategies: report from the Conference "See You" 2

About the journal
Mediální studia / Media Studies is a peer-reviewed journal based in disciplines of media and communication studies. Nonetheless, it also is open to contributions from close research fields such as cultural studies, sociology, social and cultural anthropology, gender studies, or linguistics. We publish original research papers investigating media texts, or mechanisms of their production or ways of their reception.

We especially welcome papers focused upon media in the countries of Central and Eastern Europe which do not separate the region from its wider social or political ties. We endeavour to emphasise the dynamics of local-global knowledge on media and its mutual connections. Also for these reasons, we prefer texts written in English. In exceptional cases, however, we publish also manuscripts in Czech or Slovak.