Archive for publications, 2018

[ecrea] Special Issue of Communication Theory - last days of free download

Wed Jun 27 11:32:18 GMT 2018

A kind reminder that the latest Special Issue of Communication Theory (Volume 28, Issue 2) entitled "Latin American Communication Theory Today: Charting Contemporary Developments and Their Global Relevance" will be available for free download for a few more days.

What are we talking about when we refer to Latin American communication studies in Western academic circles? Do we mean knowledge produced in Latin America, by Latin Americans, for Latin America? Is it those canonical studies written by Latin American scholars, translated to English up to the 1990s and widely circulated in the US & Europe? Do we mean theory-built based on the investigation of Latin American specificities, regardless of where/how the knowledge is produced/put into use? Is there a distinct Latin American epistemology pertaining to the study of communication?

The latest Special Issue of "Communication Theory" considers these questions and contributes to resituating Latin America in international communication theory by foregrounding situated approaches generated in the region. Downloadable for free until 30 June 2018 at https://academic.oup.com/ct/issue/28/2

Table of Contents

**

*Here and there: (re)situating Latin America in international communication theory*

Florencia Enghel & Martín Becerra

**

*A Latin American approach to mediatization. Specificities and contributions to a global discussion about how media are shaping*

Carlos Scolari & Joan Ramon Rodriguez-Amat

**

*In search for a Latin American approach to organizational communication: A critical review of scholarship (2010-2014)*

Consuelo Vásquez Donoso; Lissette Marroquín Velásquez; Adriana Angel Botero

**

*From Media to Buen Vivir: Latin American approaches to indigenous communication*

Carlos Arcila Calderón, Alejandro Barranquero & Eva González Tanco

**

*Communication Research in Argentina (2001-2015): Between expansion and intellectual intervention*

Mariano Zarowsky & Carolina Justo von Lurzer

/Book reviews:/

*Emergence of (hybrid) youth cultures*

Carles Feixa & Mònica Figueras-Maz

**

*A semio-anthropological perspective on mediatization*

Natalia Raimondo Anselmino