Archive for publications, 2018

[ecrea] Interface Critique Journal : Initial volume out now

Fri Jun 08 10:59:45 GMT 2018

Initial Volume out now!

The initial volume of Interface Critique Journal is now available as open access and print - check out the table of content and all articles on our websitehttp://interfacecritique.net/journal-1 You can download each article individually or the whole volume as pdf or order a print version.

What is it about?

Interface Critique promotes an understanding of the interface as a historical and cultural phenomenon and encourages comprehensive interdisciplinary perspectives. Interface Critique is not interested in the enhancement of usability, ergonomic questions of design or optimization of user experience. This first volume contains contributions, first translations and initial publications from Max Bense, Julie Woletz, Siegfried Zielinski, Vilém Flusser, Olia Lialina, Alan N. Shapiro, Jan Distelmeyer, Søren Pold and Christian Ulrik Andersen, Branden Hookway and Maria Park, Susanne Jany, Lukas Hartmann, Lasse Scherffig, Christine Schranz, Konstanty Szydlowski and Gabriel Yoran.

Spread the word!

As we are already in the process of the second volume we would greatly appreciate it if you could spread the word and forward this mail to your networks, institutes, colleagues, clients, students and whoever you might consider interested. We already have a couple of contributions, but are actively seeking more, especially from media and communication scholars and practitioners outside the European/American framework (and would also welcome more female authors). So please help us, spread the word and get in touch ((hello /at/ interfacecritique.net) <mailto:(hello /at/ interfacecritique.net)>) – we would love to hear from you. We are committed to free of charge open access and will never charge authors for their contribution.