Archive for publications, 2018

[ecrea] New Issue - Journal of Media Critiques

Sun Jan 07 23:29:38 GMT 2018

      Journal of Media Critiques [JMC]

      Vol 3, No 12 (2017): December 2017

We invite you all to participate in the next issues of *JMC* by submitting articles related to any communication, media, information studies. *JMC is no longer a thematic journal*, JMC will have 2 regular issues in a year as December and June issues. Also we kindly invite you all to cooperate in special issues. In this sense, our aim is to implement improvements during the transformation of media/communication or while investigating within the field of communication. In the case of communication and media studies in particular, we would rather include those carried out in a subject, in a group of subjects or in a whole degree from the scientific and technological area.

Through JMC we would like to create an open access scientific journal to exchange and disseminate any contribution that may involve communication and media studies so as to achieve a more significant research for our colleagues at scientific and technological universities. Hence, our readers could use such proposals as a model to be applied and/or adopted in their own contexts. In fact, we have a special interest in receiving articles related to experiences that imply a methodological change (when compared with a more traditional approach) and encourage or motivate developing new theoritical and practical theories.

We include here examples of some possible topics for the forthcoming JMC issue (but not limited to):
*• Children, Adolescents and the Media*
*• Communication and Technology*
*• Communication History*
*• Communication Law and Policy*
*• Communication Science and Biology*
*• Computational Methods*
*• Environmental Communication*
*• Ethnicity and Race in Communication*
*• Game Studies*
*• Global Communication and Social Change*
*• Information Systems*
*• Instructional and Developmental Communication*
*• Intercultural Communication*
*• Intergroup Communication*
*• Interpersonal Communication*
*• Journalism Studies*
*• Language and Social Interaction*
*• Mass Communication*
*• Media Industry Studies*
*• Mobile Communication*
*• Organizational Communication*
*• Philosophy, Theory and Critique*
*• Political Communication*
*• Popular Communication*
*• Visual Communication Studies*
*• Media Critiques*
*• Media and Ethics*

*Please register international online journal, Journal of Media Critiques for uploading your completed paper at http://www.mediacritiques.net/index.php/jmc/user/register.
*
Articles
--------
QUESTIONING ETHNORACE IN THE LIKABILITY OF TELEVISION AND FILM CHARACTERS:
WHO AND WHAT DO YOUNG AUDIENCES FIND LIKABLE?
         Adolfo Rafael Mora
THE EFFECTS AND MANAGEMENT OF CULTURAL DIFFERENCES DURING THE INTEGRATION
PROCESS OF MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS
         Ivan Sciriha,   Manwel Debono
“COMPULSORY PRISON FOR ALL”: AN IRONICALLY-PROPOSED RITE OF PASSAGE IN A
POST-COMMUNIST COUNTRY
         Radu Silaghi-Dumitrescu
REGIMES OF TRUTH IN THE COMMUNICATION AND REPORTING OF THE EUROPEAN UNION
POST-TRUTH, POST-PROPAGANDA OR JUST…PROPAGANDA?
         Christos Frangonikolopoulos,    Stamatis Poulakidakos
THE DEPENDENCE ON GLOBAL MEDIA OF INTERNATIONAL REPORTING OF THE MACEDONIAN,
SLOVENIAN AND SERBIAN NEWSPAPERS (SEPTEMBER-DECEMBER 2013)
         Bojan Blazhevski
A METHODOLOGY FOR ANALYSIS OF THE FEMALE UNIVERSE IN ELECTORAL SPOTS
         Luciana Panke
INTERNATIONAL NEWS COVERAGE OF INSECURITY AND HUMAN SUFFERING IN AFRICA’S
GREAT LAKES REGION
         Philip Onguny
CONTESTED MODERNITIES: ‘DIVERSE VOICES’ OF THE PIONEERING JOURNALISTS IN
THE OTTOMAN EMPIRE
         Banu Dagtas
Infotainment Journalism in times of crisis:A case study in the Greek-Cypriot
press
        Irene Photiou,  Theodora Maniou,        Nikleia Eteokleous,     Elena Ketteni
PRESS FRAMING OF ANTI-CORRUPTION WAR ON BUHARI’S FIRST YEAR ANNIVERSARY
         Fatima Iyabo Abubakre
DON'T LAUGH WHEN YOUR NEIGHBOR’S OVEN IS ON FIRE: COVERAGE OF AFGHAN
CONFLICT IN THE ELITE PRESS OF CHINA, INDIA, IRAN, AND PAKISTAN
        Azmat Rasul,    Khurram Shahzad,        Defne Bilir,    Muhammad Ehab Rasul
MEDIASCAPE AND IDENTITY REPRODUCTION AND SUSTENANCE: A CASE OF INDIAN
GUEST-WORKERS IN GERMANY
         Amrita Datta
ONLINE HATE DISCOURSE: A STUDY ON HATRED SPEECH DIRECTED AGAINST SYRIAN
REFUGEES ON YOUTUBE
         Alev Aslan
NEW MEDIA, PUBLIC SPHERE and DEMOCRACY
         Ersin Erkan
THE REFLECTION OF ETHICAL PRINCIPLES OF PRESS TO THE INTERNET MEDIA
         Ayşenur Akyazı
A STUDY OF THE DEMOGRAPHICS, EXPOSURE LEVELS, AND PERCEPTIONS OF THE VIEWING
AUDIENCE OF PASTOR JOEL OSTEEN, AMERICA’S MOST POPULAR PREACHER
         Michael S. Jeffress