Archive for publications, 2012

[ecrea] launch of Ada: A Journal of Gender, New Media, and Technology!

Sat Nov 17 07:21:56 GMT 2012

The Fembot Collective is delighted to announce the launch of Ada: A Journal of Gender, New Media, and Technology! The inaugural issue, "Conversations Across the Field," features articles by: Anne Balsamo and Alex Juhasz, Mia Consalvo, Sarah Kember, Krista Geneviève Lynes, Vicki Mayer, Lisa Nakamura, Kim Sawchuk, and Carol Stabile. We invite you to read the articles at:

http://adanewmedia.org/

We hope that you'll join us in this conversation by commenting on the contributions. As the first open-access, open source, online feminist journal on new media and technology, we are invested in sharing and increasing the conversation started by our published articles. We look forward to this and future lively conversations.

Please distribute widely! And keep in mind that our first peer-reviewed issue on feminist game studies (edited by Nina Huntemann) will launch in spring 2013.

Many thanks to the University of Oregon Libraries and the Center for the Study of Women in Society for their contributions to and tireless support of Ada!

Dr Kate O'Riordan
Reader, Media Film and Music
University of Sussex
Falmer