Archive for publications, 2012

[ecrea] Inaugural issue of FRAMES on "Film and Moving Image Studies: Re-Born Digital?"

Wed Jul 04 06:42:02 GMT 2012

With apologies, in advance, for cross-posting, I am writing to let list members know about the launch, today, of FRAMES (http://framescinemajournal.com/), a new open access journal run by graduate students in Film Studies at the University of St. Andrews (including founding editor Fredrik Gustafsson, along with Matthew Holtmeier, and others).

They kindly invited me to guest edit the first issue, on "Film and Moving Image Studies: Re-Born Digital?" It contains 40 contributions by participant observers in this field, including many renowned scholars, and looks at "born-" and 're-born-digital" film, television and new media studies from a number of perspectives. The issue is particularly rich in examples and discussions of audiovisual approaches to our subjects.

The table of contents for Issue 1 is here:
http://framescinemajournal.com/tocissue1.

Best wishes

Catherine Grant
Senior Lecturer in Film Studies
School of Media, Film and Music/Centre for Material Digital Culture
University of Sussex
Website: Film Studies For Free