Archive for publications, 2012

[ecrea] Volume! The French journal of popular music studies NEWS

Wed Jan 25 14:45:21 GMT 2012

Hello all,

Volume! the French journal of popular music studies is the only French multidisciplinary, peer-reviewed journal exclusively dedicated to popular music studies since 2002. More information on the journal (international editorial board, PR process etc.), here:

http://volume.revues.org/1637

——————————————————————————

NEW WEBSITES

We are proud to announce our presence since December 2011 on two major online francophone portals, CAIRN.info <http://CAIRN.info/> (the last three years - i.e. 6 full issues, four of them on a pay-per-view basis) and REVUES.org <http://REVUES.org/> (the rest of the complete collection - 11 full issues).

Here is a list of all the original versions of our articles published or translated from English:

http://volume.revues.org/2135

All of them can be read online and downloadable, for free.

The links to both portals:

http://www.cairn.info/revue-volume.htm

http://volume.revues.org/?lang=en <http://volume.revues.org/>

——————————————————————————

NEW ISSUE: "SEX SELLS, BLACKNESS TOO?"

We have also just published our latest issue (n°8-2), "Sex Sells, Blackness too?" on gender and racial issues in Black music (hip-hop, r'n'b, dancehall reggae). The table of contents is here:

http://www.cairn.info/revue-volume-2011-2.htm

Among other articles, on representations of the Arab woman in French hip-hop, of the Black body or of Mariah Carey's femininity in rap and r'n'b etc., a translation of a chapter of Patricia Hill Collin's famous book on Black Sexual Politics, you will find a discussion of Paul Gilroy's concept of Black Atlantic by Prof. Werner Zips, which can be read in English here:

http://www.cairn.info/revue-volume-2011-2-page-124.htm

——————————————————————————

FOLLOWING ISSUE: "MUSIC AND COUNTERCULTURES" edited by SHEILA WHITELEY

Our next issue (June 2012) will be edited by Prof. Sheila Whiteley, with an introduction by Prof. Andy Bennett. We are actually negociating the possibility of an exclusively English version of this issue, published in the Anglo-Saxon world by a major international publisher.

——————————————————————————

WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT!

Volume ! is an independent journal: we are not attached to any university, the whole team is 100% voluntary. All the money received goes back to the Editions Mélanie Seteun (our publishing association) towards our publications and the events we organize to promote them. We thus depend on subscriptions to keep on going! For institutional subscriptions, please follow the instructions here:
http://volume.revues.org/1643
For individual ones, contact (jedediah-sklower /at/ hotmail.com) <mailto:(jedediah-sklower /at/ hotmail.com)>.

Thanks for your interest.

The Volume! team

SUBSCRIBE

To subscribe to our mailing list, please enter your address here:

https://listes.revues.org/wws/subrequest/newsletter-volume

We will NOT be harassing you with emails - only two or three a year (publications, CFPs etc.)