[Commlist] Ocean on Screen Conference

Tue Aug 13 15:20:51 GMT 2024

Everyone is welcome to attend our hybrid conference ‘The Flowing Image: The Ocean On Screen’ (free of charge) from the 28th - 29th August at the University of Southampton and online. The Flowing Image will consider the significance of historical and contemporary representations of the ocean in digital, film and moving image works and invites scholars and anyone with an interest in oceanic media to take part in these two days of lively discussions and screenings. Funded by the SMMI, BCLA and BAFTSS.

Our programme is available here: https://bit.ly/4cj0RnL
To register to attend either in-person or online, please fill in this form here: http://bit.ly/3SdRa2M (Registration closes on 19th August) Our keynote speakers include artist Sonia Barrett (https://www.sebarrett.com/home), scholars Weixian Pan (https://www.queensu.ca/filmandmedia/people-search/weixian-pan) and Paul Merchant (https://www.bristol.ac.uk/people/person/Paul-Merchant-a3da4189-56ae-407f-932c-29a4ee35eee5/) & the Pan-African environmental film organisation NEWF (https://www.newf.co.za/).

Please feel free to share this information widely across your networks.
See more details: https://modernandcontemporary.soton.ac.uk/portfolio/conference-the-flowing-image-the-ocean-on-screen/.

For any queries:
Giulia and Nina
(g.champion /at/ soton.ac.uk)