[Commlist] Call for Short Films to Exhibit/Screen: With What We Have Left/*: Film Making and Fashion’

Tue Nov 08 18:46:25 GMT 2022

Call for Short Films to Exhibit/Screen

Screening Title - ‘*/With What We Have Left/*: Film Making and Fashion’. *//*

We are looking for short film works by film makers, researchers, and practitioners for a screening event to be held in London on Thursday 16^th of March, 2023. This is not a conference; it is a meeting of film makers and researchers with their eyes on fashion. We would love to see your work!

Our focus is on short films which explore the intersection of sustainability, politics, clothing subgroups and identity with the practices of making, be it, in a textural exchange, the detail of a subversive buttonhole, or the weave of an unexpected new fabric. We are interested in the impenetrable nature of industrial material waste and the ingenuity of artisan craft, the clothing of the elderly and the style of cinema and are looking for films that question and represent sustainability, documentaries that explore the love of a single garment and which show accessories in another light.

The programme will be introduced by Fiona Curran and is supported by the University of Gloucestershire.The Screening will take place in London at Close Up Cinema, Sacker St, London https://www.closeupfilmcentre.com/ <https://www.closeupfilmcentre.com/> on Thursday March 16^th , 2023, followed by networking in the bar.

Please] send a link to your film and a short abstract of 500 words or less, to Fiona Curran. (fcurran /at/ glos.ac.uk) <mailto:(fcurran /at/ glos.ac.uk)>by the deadline of January 31^st , 2023.

To be considered for inclusion, your film should be no longer that 10 minutes in duration

Abstracts are invited which explore the following,

  * Experimental Intersections
  * Sonic Landscapes intertwining with clothing
  * Sustainability
  * Short form documentaries
  * Process/making
  * Industrial and artisan
  * Films that deal with fabric and texture
  * Clothing & humour
  * A single piece of design
  * Fetishist fashion
  * Subgroups and fashion identity
  * Animated responses
  * The designer
  * Style and Cinema

We look forward to seeing your work.

Fiona Curran

*Academic Subject Leader, Film, Television & Animation*

*Senior Lecturer, MA Film Making, MA Animation*