[Commlist] Cfp: First International World Society Theory Conference

Mon Oct 10 13:18:46 GMT 2022

*CALL FOR PAPERS*

*First International World Society Theory Symposium*

*Tampere University, Finland, December 5, 2022*

https://events.tuni.fi/international-world-society-theory-symposium/ <https://events.tuni.fi/international-world-society-theory-symposium/>

Deadline for proposals: November 1st, 2022

Participate in the First International World Society Theory Symposium!

Evolved around the colleagues and students of John Meyer, world society theory (WST) has become a thriving and increasingly influential school of thought in sociology, education, political science, and several other disciplines. Although WST has spread and extended its relevance also to Europe and other parts of the world, apart from small sessions within conferences, thus far this well-connected community of scholars has met only in the United States in the ASA Annual Meetings’ pre-conferences on the Future of World Society Theory. They have been wonderful occasions, giving the chance for scholars to share their work.

The First International World Society Theory Symposium, taking place on December 5, 2022, at Tampere University, Finland, and welcomes papers by scholars at all stages of their careers, juniors and seniors alike. We are open to all types of presentations: idea papers and full-length articles, theory pieces and empirical analyses. While we welcome participants to Tampere, to enable wide attendance, we will apply a hybrid mode – in person and virtual.

To participate, submit the paper title and a 150-200 words abstract through this link <https://forms.office.com/r/4jn6uzWa0j>. The deadline for submissions is November 1st, 2022. For further information on the symposium, please contact the organizers at (worldsocietytheorysymposium /at/ tuni.fi) <mailto:(worldsocietytheorysymposium /at/ tuni.fi)>.