[Commlist] Conference - Drones in Society: New Visual Aesthetics

Sat Jul 30 14:16:14 GMT 2022

Elisa Serafinelli is pleased to announce that registration for the hybrid conference *Drones in Society: New Visual Aesthetics* is now open. Please register at the following link: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/drones-in-society-tickets-318517513457 <https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/drones-in-society-tickets-318517513457>

This conference is part of an AHRC Leadership Fellowship research project Drones is Visual Culture <https://visualsociety.net/current-research/>, which aims to explore how drones are changing the way we see the world and our visual cultures. Our hybrid conference will feature a mixture of online and offline events, with talks from international speakers from across the world. The conference will host a workshop on drone art, and a drone visual exhibition titled /Views from the Blue <https://visualsociety.net/exhibition/>/.

We are especially excited and honoured to host keynote addresses by Dr. Julia Hildebrand on “Between Air and Aura: Vertical Views and Powerful Play with Civilian Drones”.