[Commlist] History of Games Conference 2022 CfP

Thu Jun 16 21:17:25 GMT 2022

The history of games international conference series is a global initiative that seeks to act as a catalyst for academic research on gaming history. Biennial events bring together historians, curators, social scientists and archivists from academic or fan communities to develop networks and disseminate research and preservation initiatives.

We invite any researcher with an interest in the history of games to send short proposals (80-120 words) presenting their current research interests or an idea they would like to explore. We will assemble workshops by regrouping similar proposals and asking relevant experts from our network to join the conversation. These workshops will be held privately on Zoom, adjusting to each group’s preferences and time zones. We seek to accept as many short proposals as possible and assemble the program from there.

Further details on the call, including information on keynote speakers and how to submit can be found here:

Fall 2022: Call for participants and committee members – History of Games (history-of-games.com) <https://www.history-of-games.com/fall-2022-call-for-participants-and-committee-members/>