[Commlist] CfP “Language Ideologies in Time of Change” - AILA World Congress in Lyon, July 2023 (Conference)

Mon May 30 21:47:14 GMT 2022

We call for submissions to join our symposium “Language Ideologies in Time
of Change” [SYMP68] at the hybrid AILA World Congress in Lyon in July 2023.
The submission date is June, 26th 2022.

Please refer to https://aila2023.fr/ [1] for further information on how to
submit.
Symposium site:
https://aila2023.sciencesconf.org/browse/author?authorid=958268 [2]

+++

Abstract in English

A longer version of the call can be found here:
https://naomitruan.wordpress.com/talks/ [5].

As discourses about language, language ideologies have been increasingly
studied for 40 years now. Following the influential text by Silverstein
(1979) and the anthologies by Schieffelin, Woolard & Kroskrity (1998) and
Blommaert (1999), numerous empirical studies have emerged that examine “the
sum of all values with which linguistic reality is discursively constructed
by social actors” (Spitzmüller 2013: 264).

We take the development of the research field “from a marginalized topic to
an issue of central concern” (Kroskrity 2004: 501) as an opportunity to
conceptualize language ideology in transition, and to relate this to boththe
research object and the research field as a whole.

We welcome contributions to our symposium in English and German that address
theoretical, empirical-methodological, and application-related questions
about language ideologies or concrete case studies beyond the German-speaking
and English-speaking worlds.

Deadline for contributions: 26.06.2022

Languages: English and German

Submissions via the conference