[Commlist] CfP: Interdisciplinary Symposium - Research in the Creative and Cultural Industries

Thu May 26 22:34:57 GMT 2022

Call for Papers: Harnessing our potential: Interdisciplinary Research in the Creative and Cultural Industries

The Creative & Cultural Industries Working Group at the University of Derby is delighted to invite submissions for their inaugural symposium under the themeInterdisciplinary Research & Research Informed Teaching.

The symposium will be onTuesday Sept 20,2022and will be an online event.

The University of Derby’s Creative & Cultural Industries Working Group invites academics, artists, practitioners and cultural stakeholders to submit proposals for the Creative & Cultural Industries Interdisciplinary symposium being heldonline on Sept 20th, 2022. The focus of this symposiumwill be on interdisciplinarity and the value and importance of this practice to research nationally and internationally.

The symposium aims to explore the value of working collaboratively with academics outside one’s discipline to expand creativity and open new possibilities. Proposals may involve current, recent or proposed research projects that involve two or more academic disciplines coming together to address a shared problem.Increasingly complex problems are solved by involving thinkers and practitioners approaching the issue from different perspectives. Furthermore, academics can often introduce new methodologies or skillsets that are unfamiliar or unused traditionally in certain fields, unlocking all sorts of potential.

This symposium is particularly interested in, but not limited to, those projects that involve the arts, creative industries and/or cultural institutions and examples of how the public experience and impact has been enhanced through collaborative, interdisciplinary work. The committee encourages all academics from PhD students to early career researchers/academics to mid-late career academics and practitioners to apply to this highly inclusive event. We also encourage existing and prospective knowledge Exchange (KE) partners to present areas in which they need collaborative support from the University. It is hoped that through the sharing of research and associated conversations and networking that new ideas, partnerships and research projects will emerge and thus act as a catalyst for future research development.

The committee also welcome proposals of pre-arranged panels of three papers on a related theme. Please make this clear when submitting your proposal and state the other papers with which you are associated.

Submission Details:

Please submit your 300-word abstracts with authors and affiliations via the following link: https://www.derby.ac.uk/events/latest-events/harnessing-our-potential-interdisciplinary-research-in-the-creative-and-cultural-industries/ <https://www.derby.ac.uk/events/latest-events/harnessing-our-potential-interdisciplinary-research-in-the-creative-and-cultural-industries/> before June 24th, 2022. Alongside traditional conference papers the committee also welcomes alternative forms of multimedia dissemination. Please specify the details of the piece including medium and format.

Queries may be sent to (conference /at/ derby.ac.uk) <mailto:(conference /at/ derby.ac.uk)> quoting ‘Creative Industries Symposium’ in the subject. For full details visit symposium website:https://www.derby.ac.uk/events/latest-events/harnessing-our-potential-interdisciplinary-research-in-the-creative-and-cultural-industries/ <https://www.derby.ac.uk/events/latest-events/harnessing-our-potential-interdisciplinary-research-in-the-creative-and-cultural-industries/>