[Commlist] Call for Editorial Board Members: New Cinemas

Thu May 19 08:32:46 GMT 2022

New Cinemas: Call for Editorial Board Members

Deadline: 30 June 2022

Full call available here>>

https://www.intellectbooks.com/asset/66565/1/NewCinema_Call_for_Board_Memebers_2022.pdf <https://www.intellectbooks.com/asset/66565/1/NewCinema_Call_for_Board_Memebers_2022.pdf>

For questions or enquiries, please write to Stuart Green ((s.n.s.j.green /at/ leeds.ac.uk) <mailto:(s.n.s.j.green /at/ leeds.ac.uk)>) or Chris Homewood ((c.j.homewood /at/ leeds.ac.uk) <mailto:(c.j.homewood /at/ leeds.ac.uk)>)

The editors of /New Cinemas/ are seeking enthusiastic editorial board members to join the team of this exciting journal.

Aims and Scope

New Cinemas publishes original research on cinema from around the world, including Argentina, South Africa, Iran, Germany and Korea, and on a variety of practices, not only the feature film format. We particularly welcome submissions from those close to completing their Ph.D., Early Career Researchers and practitioners, especially from outside ‘Western’ spaces, as well as work on film beyond the text (such as festivals, technology and marketing). We also seek to publish research and cutting-edge thought in shorter formats than the traditional academic article.

Editorial Board

We are looking to welcome new members to the Editorial Board. As a board member you will be expected to:

• Actively engage in high quality and innovative research

• Provide prompt feedback on submissions as part of our peer review process

• Encourage academics to contribute to the journal, and to seek out potential guest editors

• Promote the journal at conferences and events

• Encourage your own institution’s library to subscribe to the journal

In return, you will benefit from the following perks through the publisher Intellect:

• Personal access to all issues of the journal

• 50% discount on single personal print copies

• 50% discount on personal print subscription

• 50% on first year institutional subscription for your affiliated institution(s)

• 20% discount on Open Access fees

We welcome all scholars with relevant backgrounds to get in touch, and are particularly interested in welcoming editorial board members who possess expertise one or more of the following fields:

• Chinese cinema

• Film from the Middle East and North Africa

• Streaming and digital film

• Filmmaking

If you are interested in joining the Editorial Board, please provide a cover email outlining your reasons for wanting to join New Cinemasand your suitability for such a role. Please also attach a CV.

Editors

Stuart Green

University of Leeds, UK

(s.n.s.j.green /at/ leeds.ac.uk) <mailto:(s.n.s.j.green /at/ leeds.ac.uk)>

Chris Homewood

University of Leeds, UK

(c.j.homewood /at/ leeds.ac.uk) <mailto:(c.j.homewood /at/ leeds.ac.uk)>