[Commlist] CFP: Doing Women's (Global) (Horror) Film History

Thu Mar 03 22:11:06 GMT 2022

You are invited to submit a proposal for a special issue of MAI: Feminism and Visual Culture on women filmmakers working in global horror cinema. This issue will be published in late 2023.

Each contributor will produce a video essay (5 – 10 minutes) and an accompanying piece of reflective writing (800–1000 words).

No experience (or confidence) in filmmaking or videographic criticism is required. All training will be provided during an eight-month online mentorship and training scheme. This scheme is funded by the AHRC, as part of my AHRC Fellowship on Feminist Horror Cinema.

You can find the full details of the call here:
https://maifeminism.com/call-for-proposals-doing-womens-global-horror-film-history/ <https://maifeminism.com/call-for-proposals-doing-womens-global-horror-film-history/>

Please do consider submitting a proposal or circulating this CFP among your networks - I particularly welcome proposals from PGRs, early career and junior colleagues.

In addition, please do feel free to email me on (a.peirse /at/ leeds.ac.uk) with any questions or ideas. I welcome informal pitches by email in advance of the 17^th  March deadline.