[Commlist] CFP: The Last of Us Special Collection Journal

Wed Mar 02 16:16:46 GMT 2022

The game studies network MultiPlay <https://multiplaynetwork.org/cfp-journals/> is delighted to announce a new special collection journal, in partnership with the Journal of Geek Studies. This collection will be released in 2023 to celebrate the ten-year anniversary of the release of The Last of Us.

We are seeking abstracts at this time for proposed articles for the journal. The abstracts should be no more than 300 words, accompanied with an author biography of 100 words. These should be emailed to (networkmultiplay /at/ gmail.com) with the subject heading ‘The Last of Us’ *The deadline for abstracts is Friday 25th of March 2022*. If your proposal is accepted, you will then be required to write an article of between 6,000 – 7,000 words. We will inform you of the in-house style guide and any additional information upon acceptance.

Suggested topics for proposals:

The legacy of The Last of Us
Reflecting on virus stories
The ethics of The Last of Us
The representation of queer children in media
A world through clippings: how The Last of Us uses old media as a time capsule
The role of Tess: games characters that die too soon?
The formulaic nature of games narratives.
Crossing borders: how The Last of Us depicts geopolitics and transnationalism
Lack of player agency in The Last of Us
The Last of Us as a loved, debated and hated game

These topics are merely a guide, and we welcome original submissions.

If you have any further questions, please email (networkmultiplay /at/ gmail.com)